Sunday, November 1, 2009

Making a List, Checking the Price...

Call me crazy, but I started Christmas shopping weeks ago...or at least planning my gifts. I already know what I'm getting my co-workers and friends, and I've bought my son some classic children's literature that was on sale at Border's two weeks ago.


Today, I received an email from Target announcing their Christmas list. I looked through the list and realized how easy boys are when it comes to gifts. My list will contain gifts from the following categories:
  • Blocks/Legos
  • Pretend Play (tool kit, doctor's kit, cash register, etc.)
  • Action Figures and/or Cars
  • Arts and Crafts
  • Classic Board Games
  • Learning Toys (Leap Frog reader)
  • Books
  • Clothing
These are pretty much the same categories I used last year and will use for years to come. I suppose only the details will change. (For instance, he likes superheros this year, but maybe next year he'll be into dinosaurs.) My problem is that I want to get him everything! I really need to set a budget, but I want to hear from you first...

Do you set a budget for your holiday shopping? How much do you usually spend on Christmas gifts for your child/children?

No comments:

Post a Comment