Thursday, November 26, 2009

My Trip to the Greenest City in America

I recently traveled to Seattle, Washington for business and pleasure and was pleasantly surprised to see how green it had become since I was last there in 2002. Although we were served individual plastic bottles of water and juice at my meeting (tsk, tsk), it was very cool that they offered three different trash receptacles - one for recyclables, one for composting, and one for trash.

Other green highlights include great public transportation options,excellent air quality, renewable energy sources, and a general citizen consciousness around environmental issues and healthy living.


I've always loved Seattle, so I am proud to give it my "Greenest City in America" award.

Know any cities that qualify as runner ups? Tell me about your favorite green city!

No comments:

Post a Comment