Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Invisible Woman - Halloween Costume Success!


Thanks to Old Navy, I was able to make my own awesome, true to character Invisible Woman costume. What do you think?

I don't know if I inherited some super strength or something through my costume, but I totally felt kick-ass and confident yesterday. Or maybe it was the remarkable response I received from a few people, like how good I looked in the costume and how I should wear form fitting clothing more often. One guy at the Halloween party I was at last night even said I was SEXY...and here I was thinking I was going to look fat! Watch out, Jessica Alba....there's a new Susan Storm in town...and she's as Fantastic as ever!


The only sad thing is that most people at work didn't know who I was. Some saw the 4 on my chest and knew I was from the Fantastic Four, but didn't know which character (which is sad because there is only one female character in the group). Others thought I was a Dr. Seuss character, but if they know their Dr. Seuss literature at all, they'd know that there is no Thing 4 from The Cat in the Hat, only Thing 1 and Thing 2, not to mention that they wear red outfits (only their hair is electric blue).

I didn't win one of the Top 3 spots in the costume contest at work, but that's okay with me. It's been a SUPER FANTASTIC Halloween this year, and that's all I could have asked for.

By the way, since this is a savings blog, here are the details on my costume, by the numbers:
  1. Electric Blue Top and Pants - Old Navy, $27.19
  2. Black Gloves - Spirit Halloween Store, $8.69
  3. Black Belt - my closet, FREE
  4. Black Boots - my closet, FREE
  5. #4 Patch - my crafts box, FREE
So, my costume came to a grand total of $35.88....not bad given the fact that this wasn't the only time I'd be wearing this outfit. Look for the Fantastic Four's Susan Storm a.k.a. The Invisible Woman coming to a superhero play date near you!

1 comment: