Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Evolution of Project Notepad

Anyone who stops by my cubicle must wonder why I keep a tray full of random used paper on my desk. Well, a few months ago, I started something I like to call "Project Notepad." In an effort to reuse paper that I'd normally recycle (remember, it goes Reduce, then Reuse, then Recycle), I began collecting paper that was blank on one side. My plan was to turn this paper into notepads of various sizes that I could use for work and home. I even thought about creating nice notepad covers and giving the notepads as gifts!

The notepad idea hasn't come to fruition just yet. But recently, my son and I have been reusing the paper for something more creative and fun - homemade books! Check out photos of our latest book entitled "Hercules, the Hyena":




I remember doing this as a child, so I couldn't wait to share the experience with my son. Making homemade books is so much fun and has been a great bonding experience. And best of all, it's eco-friendly!

How would you reuse single-sided paper?

2 comments: