Sunday, December 20, 2009

My Thermostat Emailed Me...




I don't usually communicate with my appliances, but my thermostat emailed me the other day and asked me to turn him down. I'd turned him down to 70 degree a few months ago, but it's been colder than usual, and I can't function when I'm freezing....either I'm wrapped up in my blanket or I turn the thermostat up so I can get some things done. But since he asked, I turned him down to 68 degrees this weekend. We'll see if I can handle it!

Here are some other winter heating tips to keep in mind, courtesy of Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E):

  1. In the winter, reverse your ceiling fan motor so that the blades drive the warm air back down around the edges of the room.
  2. Close drapes, blinds and shades at night to help retain heat.
  3. Keep your thermostat set at 68º F during the daytime and 55º F at night to stay comfortable and save gas or turn it off if you’re away for more than four hours.
  4. In the winter, open your window coverings on sunny days to help warm the rooms.

 Visit PG&E's website for more winter gas saving tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment