Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Homemade Natural Products

It's Cleaning Day (a.k.a. Sunday) so I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite new recipes for natural cleaning products.

(By the way, I'm also very proud to say that I'm almost finished with all of my toxic cleaning products. My guess is that they'll be gone in a month, at the most.)

Gently Laundry Pre-Treating Spray
4 ounces white vinegar
1/2 cup baking soda
8 ounces water
Mix all ingredients together and pour into a spray bottle. Label with name and make date. Shelf Life = 2 months.

Simple Drain Cleaner
2 ounces ammonia
1 teaspoon cinnamon essential oil (or one of the citrus oils)
1/2 cup baking soda
2 ounces white vinegar
Mix all ingredients to make a paste. For clog, pour paste down the drain and let sit for 30 minutes. Run water down drain to flush.
*This one works wonders for the toilet! No more struggling with the plunger!

Leather Cleaner
1/2 cup isopropyl alcohol
1 1/2 cups water
Mix ingredients together. Store in a container labeled with name and make date. Shelf Life = 2 to 4 months.

Making homemade cleaning products is fun and easy to do...just make sure you have tons of baking soda, white vinegar and essential oils on hand! :)

Post a comment or send me an e-mail about the natural products (homemade or not) you love!

1 comment:

  1. Saving money and time is doing well and doing good.
    Doris B. Arrington

    ReplyDelete